LANDS PROTECTION ACT ANALYST (2) – IRAC
Nov 30, 2017
LANDS PROTECTION ACT ANALYST (Two positions)
One Permanent Full Time Position
One Temporary Full Time Position to December 2018
The Prince Edward Island Regulatory and Appeals Commission is seeking a Lands Protection Act Analyst. The primary purpose of the position is to provide timely, accurate, and complete processing of applications pursuant to the PEI Lands Protection Act and Regulations to provide assistance to the Commission in their recommendations to Executive Council on applications under the Act.
- Analyze, process and review applications submitted pursuant to the PEI Lands Protection Act (LPA) and prepare submissions to the Commission, the Minister, and Executive Council;
- Respond to enquiries from the public regarding the statutory and regulatory requirements of the LPA;
- Liaise with Government departments and agencies, lawyers, and law firm personnel concerning the application and administration of the LPA and land issues on PEI;
- Conduct research and analysis as requested by the Commission on all matters relating to land;
- Assist in the administration of the LPA declaration process and the land identification amendment application process;
- Conduct field inspections and compliance monitoring;
- Assist with drafting and making presentations to interest groups (i.e. Real Estate Association, Law Society, Agricultural Associations);
- Assist in maintaining the land information system and develop reports as required by the Commission;
- Assist in developing Commission policies and procedures related to land matters;
- Provide such other assistance as required by the Commission; and
- Carry out such other related duties as may be assigned by the Commission.
- Five (5) years’ experience as a paralegal or as a legal secretary with extensive experience in real estate and applications processed under the LPA;
- Successful completion of a recognized legal secretarial program or equivalent training in a related area;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Lands Protection Act and the land registry system;
- Demonstrated capacity to read and interpret legislation, policies and practice procedures and protocols; Ability to work within and use the Geolinc Plus land registry database;
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients and personnel in government departments, agencies and other organizations;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and to function with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment;
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel) and experience working with databases;
- Superior written communication and editing skills;
- Excellent analytical, decision making, time management, and organizational, skills;
- Bilingualism would be a definite asset; and
- Experience in working with corporate legal documents would be an asset.
The Commission offers a competitive salary and benefits package with a salary range of $25.91 to $30.84 per hour (Level 14). Applications should clearly demonstrate how qualifications are met as applicants will be screened based on the information provided. Please include three (3) references. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter in confidence no later than five o’clock in the afternoon on Friday, December 15th, 2017.
Charlottetown, PE C1A 8R4
T (902) 626-2500
F (902) 626-2532
For more information about IRAC, please visit www.irac.pe.ca.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.