HR | Atlantic - Positive Change at Work

Grieve or Sue

Aug 02, 2010

In Canada, unionized employees who have a dispute with their Employer are required to use the dispute resolution process that is outlined in their applicable collective agreement.  

While this principle was confirmed by the Supreme Court of Canada, in Weber v. Ontario Hydro, in 1995, it is not uncommon for our clients to receive a notice of a law suit by a unionize employee.  Consult with your legal counsel to determine whether Weber indicates that the issue should be determined through the grievance process instead. 

Recent Articles

Recent Tweets