Partner / Consultant
- Email Ron
Ron has extensive experience in successfully leading employers through the collective bargaining process. He has served as chief spokesperson at contract negotiations on more than 200 occasions within both the public and private sectors. Ron is well versed in conventional and interest-based negotiations, as well as the alternative dispute resolution techniques such as mediation and mediation-arbitration (a combined process of mediation and binding arbitration).
Ron regularly represents employers in a variety of labour disputes, including labour arbitrations and labour board hearings. More significantly, Ron prides himself on finding lasting solutions to the labour issues facing employers today.
In addition to his client advocacy work, Ron is regularly called to upon to serve as a neutral mediator or adjudicator. Ron’s neutral work has included serving as:
- Chair of the discipline committee for the College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Counsel to the PEI Social work Registration Board in a variety of professional disciplinary investigations
- Vice Chair of the Worker’s Compensation Appeal Tribunal
- Fair Treatment Officer for the University of Prince Edward Island
- Member of numerous labour arbitration panels
- Special Mediator in labour disputes
- Past Chair of the Mental Health Review Board
- Chair of Liquor Licensing Appeal Panel
Ron is a graduate of Dalhousie Law School. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology from the University Waterloo, and a Diploma in Human Services from Holland College. He is member of the Law Society of Prince Edward Island and the Nova Scotia Barristers Society.
Ron is active in his community. When not negotiating a collective agreement, Ron can usually be found on a ski hill or golf course.